Apple, Nike, and Starbucks: These companies know that branding is critical to stand apart from their competition. But branding isn’t just for big companies with big advertising budgets. To win in today’s competitive market, personal branding is an essential part of the game. Every person has a brand, whether by default or by design; when we take control of our brands, we propel our careers. In this highly interactive program, Personal Brand Strategist Wendy Terwelp, Knocks.com, will share her tips, tricks, and strategies to help you learn about your brand so you can take control. She will also discuss brief case studies of real people who’ve used personal branding to advance their careers, reach their professional goals, and be rock stars at work. You’ll discover how to communicate your value and brand in terms decision makers love so you can advance your career, increase your compensation, and be recognized for your contributions. Find out how others perceive your brand through an interactive exercise. Learn how to stand out from the crowd the right way to advance your career and be a rock star at work.
Application on the Job:
- Attract the right clients, candidates, and opportunities for you and your firm by taking control and improving your personal brand.
- Gain a greater understanding of how others perceive you, so you can use what works to win at work.
- Identify and apply key brand attributes that help you stand out to advance your career and achieve your goals.
Discover how you can apply and express your brand in all you do, including social media, for the benefit of your personal and professional goals.
Note: This program is highly interactive. Attendees are expected to move, brainstorm, and take action. If you want a boring PowerPoint presentation, this program is not for you.
Conference organizers and meeting planners: This program centers around career and business growth. Ready for a brandvolution? This program is for you!
This course has been approved for continuing education credit by the Interior Design Continuing Education Council.
It’s not what you know; it’s who you know. We’ve all heard this phrase so many times our ears are bleeding, right? Whether you’re looking for new business or a promotion, networking is the No. 1 way to net results.
Are you ready to step up to the next level in your career, but every time you attend a networking event, you come home with loads of business cards and no real connections? Are you tired of watching extroverts network with ease and confidence, while you hang out by the buffet table?
Would you like to learn a proven way to network with confidence and ease – withOUT sounding like a beggar?
Yes? Then Rock Your Network® is for you! Learn — and use — Wendy Terwelp’s easy three-step networking system during this fun and action-packed one-hour presentation. This program shows you how to network with ease and make new connections on the spot.
Are you super busy? No time to network? Have you been wondering why LinkedIn is important for your brand? Yes? Then this program is for you! Bring your tablet, laptop, or smartphone to this interactive session, where you will learn:
- how to use LinkedIn’s cool tools to boost your online visibility and help you rise to the top in LinkedIn searches for your niche
- how to invite the right people to your LinkedIn party, and what to do about those invitations from “party crashers”-people you don’t know
- how to choose the right groups and what to do when you join them – including the secret way to reach members
- how to get recommendations that rock
- how to make your network thrive using just 5 minutes a day!
Wendy Terwelp, named “LinkedIn Guru” by the Washington Post and author of Rock Your Network®, will show you how to use this popular professional networking site to your advantage.
(Note: WI-FI access required for this presentation.)